Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tuesday, April 20th, 2010

I'm really sleepy tonight and considered not making a post. That does not bode well for me keeping this up for a year. Uh-oh. Anyway, I'll make this short and sweet. Impossible you say? Well, I'll give it a shot anyway.

It is really annoying when you give somebody something for free once and then they expect it every time and even worse, they don't tip when they have to pay. This is really not cool. One of my employees gave a guy free coffee once because he was acquainted with the guy's girlfriend. This was not like someone my employee knew well and certainly not someone he should have felt obligated to give free stuff to in any way.

Well, since getting his order free once, the guy now expects it every time he comes in and acts really weird when he gets charged by my employee. On top of acting like he expects it, he no longer tips at all. How rude! There's no way my employee is going to ever give him freebies again if he can't tip when he doesn't get them. That doesn't make anyone want to do anything nice for him. Other people never get anything for free and tip generously. People who do occasionally get something for free are typically grateful and not expectant.

Now whenever this employee of mine and I work together, he has me work the register so that he can avoid the awkward situation of charging the guy. The guy still never tips - how annoying!